Flandrau Science Center Coupons, Savings and Museum Description for 2020
UA Science: Flandrau got its start with a 1972 bequest from the estate of Grace H. Flandrau, noted author and frequent winter visitor to Tucson. The University decided to use the generous gift to fund a facility that would increase public understanding and appreciation of science.
Originally known as The Grace H. Flandrau Planetarium, the facility was part of the UA Department of Astronomy. Its location on campus, near the Astronomy Department, Optical Sciences Center, Lunar and Planetary Laboratory and historic Steward Observatory, reflects its continuing connections to the research community.
The Planetarium was designed by Tucson architectural firm Blanton and Company and opened its door to the public in 1975.
Current Flandrau Science Center Printable Coupons and Savings for 2020
Flandrau Science Center Membership
Basic Benefits for all levels:
- Free admission to the Science Center exhibit halls and Mineral Museum during regular hours.
- Free admission to regularly scheduled Planetarium theater shows.
- Free admission to all laser light shows.
- Free or reduced admission to more than 250 ASTC-member science centers worldwide.
- A 10% discount in the Science Store.
Nucleus level @ $50 per year/individual ($25 tax deductible)
- Valid for one person and one guest for one year.
Sky Island level @ $100 per year/family ($60 tax deductible)
- Valid for two adults and up to four of their children or grandchildren up to 15 years of age for one year.
- Additional children or grandchildren can be added for $10 per child.
Gold Rush level @ $250 year ($150 tax deductible)
All the benefits of the Sky Island level, plus:
- Unlimited visits for an additional two children or grandchildren (total of six).
- Four single-visit guest passes for Science Center exhibits, Planetarium, and Mineral Museum.
- Special invitation-only previews of new exhibits and Planetarium shows.
Click here to learn more!